5 surprising things to do in Bath city centre
If you’re staying at Britton’s Farm Estate, one of the best boutique B&Bs close to Bath, you’re bound to spend at least a few hours of your break in the fascinating city centre. Just a short drive away from Britton’s Farm, you can be there in minutes. Here are a few of the best city centre activities to add to your itinerary, many of which may surprise you:
1. Explore the Roman Baths by torchlight. Thousands of tourists every year enjoy the famous Roman Baths in Bath, but this exciting guided walk (running from 1st July to 31st August 2015) gives you a unique look at the Baths by romantic torchlight.
2. Bath Folk Festival. Not only can you enjoy music from some of the region’s most talented folk performers during the Bath Folk Festival, taking place from 8th August 2015, but you can also attend a workshop to learn to play an instrument.
3. Watch a movie by moonlight. On 31st August 2015, film fans can enjoy an exclusive screening of Mamma Mia! by moonlight, all in aid of RUH.
4. Fine art by Canaletto. Venetian painter Antonio Canal, also known as Canaletto, may be famous for his images of Venice, but an exciting new exhibition at Bath’s Holburne Museum reveals paintings from the artist which capture the achievements of British architecture and engineering in 1746-1755.
5. Bath Children’s Literature Festival. Packed full of fun, educational events for all the family, this festival is a must-visit for any families staying at Britton’s Farm Estate from 25th September to 4th October.
Bath is undoubtedly a wonderful city to visit, as there is always so much going on in the city centre and surrounding areas. Book a stay at Britton’s Farm Estate and you’ll be within easy reach of all the culture, events and entertainment that Bath has to offer.