Short breaks in Bath – the 5 family attractions you must visit
If you’re on a short break in Bath, or staying nearby with us at the Britton’s Farm Estate luxury boutique B&B, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to things to see and do.
There is absolutely loads going on in this fantastic part of the world, but you only have a few days to spend, here are the 5 top attractions for families in Bath that you absolutely must not miss:
- The Egg at the Theatre Royal. This is an award-winning theatre space especially for kids and families, putting on fun, imaginative performances every Saturday. There’s also a family-friendly café and play area attached, and The Egg also puts on workshops and sessions for kids to get involved in.
- Longleat Safari and Adventure Park. Travel a little bit further and you’ll reach this fantastic safari park, where you can enjoy giraffe feeding, the Monkey Drive-Thru and the Rockin’ Rhino ride, new for this summer! There’s also Penguin Island and the new BBC Deadly Adventure Challenge – it’s a fantastic day out for all the family, for both kids and adults.
- Royal Victoria Park. If you’re looking for a beautiful spot for a picnic and a play, the Royal Victoria Park just a short stroll from Bath city centre is ideal. Its 57 acres of green parkland also boasts an 18 hole mini golf course, a botanical gardens and tennis facilities, as well as a thrilling adventure playground.
- The Roman Baths. This famous attraction is great for adults, but there’s plenty to entertain the kids too – including the family audio trail and actors dressed as Roman stone masons who you can talk to.
- Victoria Art Gallery. Head to this free gallery in the school holidays and your kids can indulge their creative sides with drawing and colouring, workshops and other fun art-based activities while you drink in some culture.
All of these fantastic family attractions are just a short distance from the Britton’s Farm boutique B&B near Bath – so you’ve no excuse not to tick at least a few off your list!